Alison is a life-long Utah native and has been an associate attorney with the Law Office of Virginia Sudbury since 2012.
Prior to her legal career, Alison graduated summa cum laude from Westminster College, majoring in Justice Studies with a minor in theatre. She earned her Juris Doctor from the S.J. Quinney College of Law in 2012.
In an even prior past life, Alison studied marine biology and also pursued a Bachelor of Fine Art in acting before realizing how exciting debating the Constitution could be in college. Throughout her undergrad career Alison was a container design specialist at Cactus at Tropicals. She is always happy to give gardening tips to clients.
Alison focused on legal volunteer work throughout her law school career, amassing over 300 volunteer hours in two and a half years. Additionally, she headed two legal clinics and volunteered for three others, was hand-picked by a professor to edit his book published with the Oxford University Press, and was contacted to work on various projects including complex real estate, collections, and employee-side employment law cases during law school.
Currently, Alison focuses on family law and truly enjoys helping those in need during some of the most stressful time of their lives.
Alison lives in Salt Lake City with her wife, miniature schnauzer, Roux, and kitten, Mochi. She spends most free time in the mountains, enjoys good coffee, and makes a killer margarita.
Alison is a licensed attorney in the state of Utah.
Awards, Honors, and Titles
· Awarded Pro Bono Student of the Year, 2011
· Invited presenter at Utah State Bar Fall Forum 2017
· Pro Bono Initiative Student Director of the Rainbow Law Clinic, 2010-2012
· Pro Bono Initiative Student Director of the Street Law Clinic, 2010
· Invited Panelist and Speaker at the National Lavendar Law Conference, 2011 in Los Angeles, California
· President of the OutLaws, LGBT student group at S.J. Quinney College of Law, 2010-2011
· Legal Intern with Equality Utah, 2010-2012
· Alpha Chi National College Honor Scholarship Society Member
· Member of the ACLU
· Member of the National LGBT Bar Association